To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an
informed, friendly and effective approach.
To assist with the responsibility for the day to day running of the event services department
within the overall policies and controls established by the Company and Hotel General
Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and profitability
To promote the Company Mission Statement through continual demonstration of the
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the
Customer Service Programme.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and
- To participate with action on Customer Service Reports relevant to your department
to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To act on customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility. This to include
customer complaints and compliments.
- To be aware of budgeted and actual departmental targets. This to include sales,
covers, stocks levels and departmental profits.
- To assist with the control and monitor payroll costs by ensuring rotas are compiled in
line with forecasted and actual business levels, using company productivity ratios and
- To be aware of and assist with the control of departmental operating costs in line with
forecasted business levels.
- To maximise opportunities for departmental sales and profit and other related
Specific Job Accountabilities
- To ensure effective stock rotation and maintain stock levels in accordance with hotel
business and company policy. This to include storage and use of equipment.
- To assist with stock-takes where required.
- To follow procedures for food and beverage controls at all times.
- To assist with maintaining and improving departmental operating standards.
- To ensure charges are raised for services provided in event services department on
your shift in accordance with hotel and company procedures.
Growing The Business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise sales revenue and
exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- To assist with and suggest new promotional opportunities to enable departmental
sales to meet and exceed budget. This to include the planning, implementation and
review of promotions.
- To keep all department team members sales focused.
- To assist with leading and motivating the departmental team to promote good
employee morale and ensure a high level of commitment and pride in the Hotel.
- To carry out planned training and development in a systematic and professional way
in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team members
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To measure the success of food and beverage services training in meeting
Controlling The Environment:
- To supervise the department to ensure effective operation on a day to day basis,
whilst maintaining company brand standards consistently with attention to detail. This
to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food
Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and ensure all employment
legislation is strictly adhered to.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order
2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can
be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To implement action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and
achieve positive consistent results.
- To act as the Hotel Guest Relations Manager as required, ensuring a professional
and friendly service throughout the hotel where this forms part of your responsibility.
- To keep yourself informed of the Hotel goals and objectives, and those of other
departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To operate IT systems in line with company standards where required.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety
- To strictly adhere to all security procedures laid down.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as
identified in the team member handbook.