Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Executive Housekeeper contributes to guest comfort and ensures the daily cleaning and tidying of all the hotel bedrooms and any public areas.
He/she also monitors the financial performance of the Housekeeping department operation and the efficiency of the linen service
- To implement the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the Customer Service Programme.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To review and act on Customer Service Reports relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To review and act on customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility. This to include customer complaints and compliments.
- To ensure routine maintenance is carried out in your areas of responsibility, reporting any damage and wear and tear, ensuring bedroom faults are rectified promptly.
- To organise and set up on-going deep clean schedules.
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include revenue, stock levels, average spends and departmental profits.
- To be fully aware of departmental budgeted and actual payroll costs and manage by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels, through productivity ratios and payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To control all linen stocks and levels, ensuring linen costs are controlled in accordance with hotel procedures.
- To assist with the control of purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To ensure efficient stores procedures, ensuring cleaning materials and guest supplies are adequate and stock levels in accordance with hotel business.
- To carry out stock takes as required.
- To ensure all charges are raised for laundry and dry cleaning services, where appropriate.
- To assist with the preparation of Housekeeping budgets.
- To update price comparisons of all Housekeeping sundry items.
- To maintain good effective working relationships with linen/laundry suppliers where appropriate.
Growing the Business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise hotels revenue and exceed budgeted targets.
- To suggest promotional opportunities to enhance hotel and department performance.
- To ensure all department team members are sales focused.
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- To ensure effective communication with your team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending all management meetings.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team members personal development. To ensure training is recorded and all team members follow the Company Induction Programme.
- To compile the department Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To carry out performance reviews for team members every six months, following company guidelines.
- To set clear objectives for departmental team members, linked with the hotel’s Business plan.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of new departmental team members up to supervisory level, in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To review the success of training in meeting objectives.
- To correct unacceptable behaviour and performance in line with the company disciplinary procedures.
Controlling the Environment:
- To ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis, ensuring company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in each hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and ensure all employment legislation is strictly adhered to and team members are trained accordingly.
- To review and co-ordinate action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To act as the Hotel Guest Relations Manager as required, ensuring a professional and friendly service throughout the hotel.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To implement an effective key control system in department, thus ensuring the security of all housekeeping keys.
- To operate I.T. systems in line with company standards.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to security procedures laid down.
- To ensure the department actively maintains and supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure re-recognition.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- Management: Managing priorities, the ability to listen, stress management, team motivation.
- Ability with figures and ability to manage a cost centre
- Sensibility to customers and able to deal face-to-face with guests
- Ability to deliver training at all levels
- Understanding of IT issues in relation to Housekeeping
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
- Team working
- The ability to take the initiative
- Good physical resilience
- Organisation and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
- Significant experience as an Executive Housekeeper
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage