To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To take control, accountability and ownership for the management of the department within the overall policies and controls established by the company and hotel General Manager, ensuring that the brand values and standards are delivered and budgeted profitability achieved.
To ensure at all times a high standard of cleanliness, maintenance and safety. To encourage a friendly and professional atmosphere and ensure that all members and guests are guided and supervised at all times.
To promote the Company Mission Statement through continual demonstration of the Personality.
- To manage the consistent delivery of superior customer service through the
- Customer Service Programme.
- To carry out fitness assessments and devise programmes on a regular basis for Leisure Club members as required.
- To monitor fitness programmes on a regular basis for all Leisure Club members.
- To ensure that the department creates a professional impression to customers and team members.
- To evaluate and act on Customer Service Reports to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To review and act upon customer feedback relevant to your areas of responsibility to achieve positive and consistent results.
- To be fully aware of budgeted and actual departmental financial targets. This to include memberships, Leisure Club usage, retention, departmental profits and sales.
- To produce and update business forecasts for your department.
- To control and monitor payroll costs by allocating labour resources in line with forecasted and actual business levels through payroll management.
- To be fully aware of and control departmental operating costs in line with forecasted business levels.
- To control purchasing in department by effective use of S.A.P.
- To ensure sales, profit and other related targets for your departments are exceeded.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- To exercise effective stock rotation and maintain stock levels in accordance with hotel and Club business, ensuring products are displayed according to hotel and company policy.
- To participate with stock-takes as required.
- To ensure all procedures and processes for the Club Leisure are strictly followed at all times.
- To deliver and maintain departmental operating standards consistently.
Growing the Business:
- To positively approach sales opportunities in order to maximise Leisure Club revenue and exceed budgeted sales targets for the department.
- To produce, carry out and monitor the Leisure Club Sales and Marketing Plan.
- To be actively involved with and suggest new promotional opportunities to enhance departmental sales to meet and exceed budget. This to include planning, implementation and evaluation of promotions.
- To create and maintain a selling culture throughout the department.
- To ensure all department team members are sales focused.
- To monitor Leisure Club membership, retention and usage and take action where appropriate.
- To produce Leisure Club Newsletter for members.
- To lead and create a team environment which promotes good employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the Leisure Club and the Hotel.
- To ensure effective communication within your team by holding regular briefing sessions and attending hotel meetings when required.
- To carry out quality planned training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business and assist in individual team members personal development. To ensure training is recorded and all team members follow the Company Induction Programme.
- To compile the hotel Leisure Club Training Plan to meet the hotel business objectives and develop team members.
- To carry out performance reviews for team members every six months following company guidelines.
- To set clear objectives for departmental team members linked with the hotel’s Business Plan.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment of new departmental team members up to supervisory level, in line with the Company Recruitment Policy.
- To continuously coach and counsel colleagues.
- To evaluate the success of Leisure Club training in meeting objectives.
- To correct unacceptable behaviour and performance in line with the company disciplinary procedures.
Controlling the Environment:
- To ensure the department operates effectively on a day to day basis, ensuring company brand standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail. This to include ensuring shift controls and procedures are adhered to.
- To comply with statutory and company requirements for Health and Safety, Food Safety, Risk Assessment, Licensing Laws, Disability and all employment legislation is strictly adhered to, and ensure team members are trained accordingly.
- To comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet.
- To evaluate, co-ordinate and monitor action on Hygiene Audits in order to enhance the environment and achieve positive consistent results.
- To act as the hotel Guest Relations Manager as required, ensuring a professional and friendly service throughout the hotel.
- To keep yourself informed of the hotel goals and objectives and those of other departments, maximising the role you play in delivering the hotel budgeted targets.
- To operate I.T. systems in line with company standards.
- To ensure the department actively maintains and supports Investors in People procedures and practices in order to ensure re-recognition.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to Fire, Bomb and Health and Safety procedures.
- To strictly adhere to all security procedures laid down by the hotel and company.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
- To undertake any other reasonable project as required by the Operations or General Manager to grow and improve the business.